StartNovember 14, 2016
No. of Students15
About the course
APPIUM is a freely distributed open source mobile application UI testing framework.
Appium allows native, hybrid and web application testing and supports automation test on physical devices as well as on emulator or simulator both.
It offers cross-platform application testing i.e. single API works for both Android and iOS platform test scripts.
APPIUM Design Concepts
- Appium is an 'HTTP Server' written using Node.js platform and drives iOS and Android session using Webdriver JSON wire protocol. Hence, before initializing the Appium Server, Node.js must be pre-installed on the system.
- When Appium is downloaded and installed, then a server is setup on our machine that exposes a REST API.
- It receives connection and command request from the client and execute that command on mobile devices (Android / iOS).
- It responds back with HTTP responses. Again, to execute this request, it uses the mobile test automation frameworks to drive the user interface of the apps.
Prerequisite to use APPIUM
- ANDROID SDK
- JDK (Java Development Kit)
- Selenium Server JAR
- Webdriver Language Binding Library
- APPIUM For Windows
- APK App Info On Google Play
- Node.js (Not Required - Whenever Appium server is installed, it by default comes with "Node.exe" & NPM. It's included in Current version of Appium.)